UNICEF philanthropy partnerships
Addressing the biggest challenges for children, together with individuals and families.
UNICEF teams up with philanthropists across the globe to reach children with life-saving help. Philanthropic partnerships spark innovative solutions for the world’s toughest challenges. By investing their resources and influence to protect child rights, individuals and families define their legacy of hope.
Philanthropists partner with UNICEF when values and opportunity merge to create big impact. From eliminating polio, to providing mobile health centres for hard-to-reach communities, to enabling online learning during school closures – philanthropic leaders are crucial for strategizing and accelerating the way forward.
Why partner with UNICEF?
Our position within the United Nations gives us a unique convening power with governments, NGOs and community partners to influence sustainable change for children. On the ground in over 190 countries and territories, we team up with philanthropists aiming to achieve a global impact.
A range of opportunities exist for UNICEF donors and their families to deepen their understanding of the issues that affect children and the work they support, including:
- Results reporting to illustrate the impact of a partnership
- Platforms to publicly communicate a partnership and inspire others to join UNICEF in creating change
- Invitations to meet and engage with UNICEF leaders, staff, ambassadors and supporters
- Virtual and in-person special events and briefings, both locally and globally
- Visits to see UNICEF’s work in action and meet the communities and leaders making change for children
Uniting for impact: Stories and news
How to partner with UNICEF
Philanthropic partners advance UNICEF’s work for children in different ways, including:
- Core resources: Funding without restrictions, used to protect the most vulnerable children when and where the need is greatest
- Thematic funds: Funding directed towards specific areas of work, such as nutrition, health, protection or education, at a global, regional or country level
- Specific programmes: Funding that supports a particular programme aimed at achieving defined results that align with a philanthropic focus and goal
- Capital Campaign: A global campaign launching in 2023 to invest in research to better understand the biggest challenges for children and enact the best solutions
A dedicated team at UNICEF works with individuals and families to understand their philanthropic goals and identify programmes that will deliver on our shared mission. We also support donors in making their contributions via family foundations, donor-advised funds, stocks and securities, cryptocurrencies, impact investments or legacy gifts.
Contact our Global Philanthropy Team to learn more.
Join our global community of philanthropists
UNICEF International Council
The UNICEF International Council is a global community of individuals and families who have made significant philanthropic commitments to UNICEF and are advancing the rights of children through their collective investment, influence and expertise.
UNICEF Next Generation
NextGen members are humanitarians, investors, influencers and creatives between the ages of 21 and 45. They come from diverse industries and countries, and commit their resources, resolve and enthusiasm towards supporting UNICEF’s life-saving work.