Real-time social messaging tool for young people
U-Report is a real-time social messaging tool that enables communication between young people and decision makers. It allows anyone from any community, anywhere in the world to speak out on issues that they care about, respond to polls, report issues on behalf of people in their country, support child rights, respond to humanitarian emergencies, and work as positive agents of change.
It is available on social media through Viber and Facebook Messenger. U-Report is live in 75 countries, including Moldova, and more than 12 million people are sending or receiving messages every week.
About U-Report in Moldova
U-Report in Moldova was launched in December 2017 and has engaged more than 20,000 users, making it the third-largest U-Report community in the ECARO region. Since its launch, U-Report has conducted over 50 polls, collecting opinions on education, health, child rights, media literacy, environment, career development and other topics. Results of polls are displayed in real-time on the U-Report website.
In 2019, an online counselling platform U-Partners was launched, which enabled partner organizations to facilitate one-on-one anonymous communication with U-Report users through an online chat. This opportunity allowed U-Report Moldova and organizations such as Child Helpline, Tekedu, Terre des Hommes and Youth Klinics to provide expert advice on violence prevention, child rights, career development, physical and mental health including emotional well-being during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Finally, during the international health emergency caused by COVID-19, U-Report launched a U-Bot, a virtual chatbot globally developed in cooperation with WHO, to provide speedy answers to young people’s questions about the virus and to raise their awareness about the hygiene, social distancing principles and the harmful effects of fake news, myths and associated stigma. This activity proved to be a useful online tool that involves thousands of users across Moldova in a short period.
At U-Report, we:
- collect opinions through weekly polls on education, health, child rights topics and many more
- share awareness-raising info messages and chatbots
- mobilize young people to take action and engage in discussions in their communities and decision making processes
- provide expert advice to address young people’s concerns
What are the main benefits of U-Report?
- reaching out to thousands of young people and collecting opinions within hours
- the tool is 100% anonymous, free, easy-to-access and is a verified source of information
- it is a two-way communication tool - young people can provide feedback directly from communities
- it is a trend-analyzing tool - not statistical evidence
- it allows everybody to get involved at any time