Global Evaluation Report Oversight System (GEROS) Handbook 
Evaluation reports are reviewed using the UNICEF Adapted UNEG Evaluation Report Standards.
What is GEROS?
The Global Evaluation Reports Oversight System (GEROS) is an organization wide
system that aims to support strengthening of the evaluation function to meet and exceed
United Nations Evaluation Group (UNEG) norms and standards, UN System Wide Action
Plan on gender equality (UN SWAP), and other UNICEF commitments (including equity,
human rights based and disability inclusive approaches).
GEROS is a management tool that:
- Helps ensure accountability and promote use of robust evaluation evidence
- Provides an incentive for evaluation managers and evaluators to follow good practice
- Gives constructive feedback to help improve credibility and use of future evaluations
GEROS has three objectives:
- Create an enabling environment for senior managers and Executive Board to make informed decisions based on a clear understanding of the quality of evaluation evidence and usefulness of evaluation reports
- Provide feedback that leads to stronger evaluation capacity of UNICEF and partners
- Enable UNICEF and partners to be more knowledgeable about what works, where and for who