It’s World Children’s Day!
A day to reimagine a better future for every child.
THANK YOU to every one who participated in World Children’s Day 2020!
World Children’s Day is UNICEF’s annual day of action for children, by children. This year, set against the COVID-19 crisis, children and young people were joined by stars and leaders to reimagine a better world for every child.
Kids are reimagining a better world. What will you do?
Check out some of the highlights | Learn about child rights | Take action.
What needs to happen
UNICEF and partners are calling on governments to adopt a Six Point Plan to Protect our Children:
- Ensure all children learn, including by closing the digital divide.
- Guarantee access to health and nutrition services, and make vaccines affordable and available to every child.
- Support and protect the mental health of children and young people and bring an end to abuse, gender-based violence, and neglect in childhood.
- Increase access to clean water, sanitation and hygiene and address environmental degradation and climate change.
- Reverse the rise in child poverty and ensure an inclusive recovery for all.
- Redouble efforts to protect and support children and their families living through conflict, disaster and displacement.