The GSSC has been serving UNICEF staff and offices globally since September 2016 and continues to drive efficiency, deliver cost savings and value for money and reduce organizational risk.
The Centre continually works to add value to UNICEF’s work by:
- streamlining and automating processes
- improving quality assurance and reporting
- increasing process efficiency
We have also broadened the scope of our services by offering global learning, knowledge management and analytical reporting.
A snapshot of 2018 transactional processing and performance:
- Volume of transactions processed increased by 7 per cent to just over 1 million (1,008,000).
- Approximately 18.5 per cent of the total number of HR and finance related cases processed by the GSSC came from UNICEF’s emergency locations. The GSSC has accelerated service delivery targets to service these operations.
- Centralized processing and economies of scale save UNICEF US$25 million each year. The transfer of extra services to the GSSC in 2018 and the reduction of associated costs saved a further US $800,000, while the GSSC’s efforts to reduce transaction processing time in field offices were estimated at US$3.3 million.
- Performance against service level targets – an average of 93 per cent (compared to target of 90 per cent).