Centralized processing and economies of scale save millions while delivering against targets.
The GSSC has been serving UNICEF staff and offices globally since September 2016 and continues to drive efficiency, deliver cost savings and value for money, and reduce organizational risk.
The centre continually works to add value to UNICEF’s work by:
- streamlining and automating processes
- improving quality assurance and reporting
- increasing process efficiency
The GSSC has also broadened the scope of its services by offering global learning, knowledge management and analytical reporting.
As a result, the centre saves UNICEF an estimated $25 million annually.
In addition, since its opening, the centre has taken over additional services and further streamlined processes, as well as increased automation and improved case management.
A snapshot of transactional processing and performance in 2021
- In 2021, the GSSC processed transactions for a value of over $9.3 billion.
- As in previous years, the centre delivered above its target of processing 90 per cent of transactions within the agreed timing.
- Client satisfaction in 2021 reached 95 per cent against the target of 90 per cent.
- During the past year, 7.98 per cent of service requests were completed via automation – enabling GSSC staff to focus on more value-added activities.