Centralized processing and economies of scale save millions while delivering against targets.
The GSSC has been serving UNICEF staff and offices globally since September 2016 and continues to drive efficiency, deliver cost savings and value for money and reduce organizational risk.
The Centre continually works to add value to UNICEF’s work by:
- streamlining and automating processes
- improving quality assurance and reporting
- increasing process efficiency
We have also broadened the scope of our services by offering global learning, knowledge management and analytical reporting.
A snapshot of 2019 transactional processing and performance:
- Volume of transactions processed increased by 2 per cent to over 1 million compared to 2018 data.
- 12.8 % of transactions directly supported emergency countries. The GSSC has accelerated service delivery targets to service these operations.
- Performance against service level targets had an average of 96.7 per cent (compared to target of 90 per cent).
- Centralized processing and economies of scale save UNICEF USD 25 million each year. On top of this, additional savings in the amount of USD 2.3 million were generated in 2019 due to an increase in the volume of processed transactions by 9 per cent compared to the 2017 baseline.
- Staff time equivalent to 31 FTEs (Full Time Equivalent) were saved through banking automation projects finalized in 2019.
- The implementation of the new ticketing tool, Service Gateway, released staff time for mission focus at the country office level equivalent to 52 FTEs.