Myanmar Landmine/ERW Incidents Information

Factsheet (2022)

UNICEF Myanmar
UNICEF Myanmar/2022/Minzayar Oo


Monitoring of landmine and ERW incidents of 2022 show that the number of casualties reported countrywide (390 reported) account for 137% of the total incidents reported in 2021 (284 reported).  In terms of regional breakdown, Shan State  accounted for 32% of the total casualties followed by Sagaing with 17%, Rakhine and Chin with 10%, Kachin with 9% and Kayin with 6% and Kayah with 5% respectively. The combination of the other areas (Bago, Magway, Mandalay, Mon and Tanintharyi) shouldered 11% of the total casualties. Children represent 34% of casualties from landmine/ERW explosions countrywide.

Please note that this data is only for civilian casualties.

UNICEF Myanmar
UNICEF Myanmar
Publication date