The Community Infant and Young Child Feeding Counselling Package
Aimed for use in diverse country contexts, this package of tools guides local adaptation, design, planning and implementation of community based IYCF counselling and support services at scale. It also contains training tools to equip community workers (CWs), using an interactive and experiential adult learning approach, with relevant knowledge and skills on the recommended breastfeeding and complementary feeding practices for children from 0 up to 24 months, enhance their counselling, problem solving, negotiation and communication skills, and prepare them to effectively use the related counselling tools and job aids. To date, a large number of countries have adapted the materials to the local context, building capacity and rolling out community based IYCF counseling and communication using the package.
The Community IYCF Counselling Package includes the Facilitator Guide for use in training community workers (CWs); the Participant Materials, consisting of “handouts” and monitoring tools; a set of 24 IYCF Counselling Cards and companion Key Messages Booklet; Take-home Brochures; Planning Guide, and Adaptation Guide.
- Infant and Young Child Feeding Image Bank
- Infant and young child feeding recommendations when COVID-19 is suspected or confirmed – Counseling package
- Infant and young child feeding counselling: an integrated course | Global Breastfeeding Collective
- Implementation guidance on counselling women to improve breastfeeding practices | Global Breastfeeding Collective
- Operational Guidance on Breastfeeding Counselling in Emergencies | Global Breastfeeding Collective
- First Foods for Young Children Video Series for Caregivers and Frontline Workers