Myanmar Landmine/ERW Incidents Information

Factsheet (January-October 2022)

UNICEF Myanmar
UNICEF Myanmar/2022/Minzayar Oo


Monitoring of landmine and ERW incidents during the first ten months of 2022 show that the number of casualties reported countrywide (333 reported) account for 117% of the total incidents reported in 2021 (284 reported).  In terms of regional breakdown, Shan State  accounted for 35% of the total casualties followed by Sagaing with 16%, Rakhine with 11%, Kachin with 10% and Chin with 9% respectively. The combination of the other areas (Bago, Kayin, Kayah, Magway, Mandalay, Mon and Tanintharyi) shouldered 19% of the total casualties. Children represent 32% of casualties from landmine/ERW explosions countrywide. Please note that this report doesn’t include explosions and casualties targeting local administrations and security forces across the country.

UNICEF Myanmar
UNICEF Myanmar
Publication date