#InspiredGift: Give the gift of giving to a loved one
Dedicate your pledge donation to a friend or loved one and both receive a UNICEF certificate!
Children need your help!
Your #InspiredGift will help support UNICEF’s mission to help every child access their right to good nutrition. The Covid-19 Pandemic and recent social unrest has shown us that we need to stand united, together we can create a greater impact.
When we unite for a greater cause each one can help one. We need this more than ever today!
Your donation will not only make a difference today, but every step of the way in the fight against the long-term effects of COVID-19. Together let’s inspire change.
- Donate any amount
- Dedicate your donation to someone
- Receive an #InspiredGift certificate
There can be no greater gift than that of giving one’s time and energy to help others without expecting anything in return.
- Malnutrition remains a significant underlying cause of child mortality, being associated with one-third of all child in-hospital deaths.
- 27% of children in SA are stunted, meaning that these children will likely not reach their full growth and developmental potential.
- South Africa would have 1.7 million stunted children in 2025.
It is critical to intensify active case finding to recognize and treat children with acute malnutrition before they become severely affected. This prevents illness and helps a child survive and thrive in life for the benefit of every family, community, and South Africa as whole.
Children at risk of malnutrition can be identified at a community level using mid-upper arm circumference (MUAC) screening. MUAC has been found to be a good predictor of mortality for children aged 6 to 59 months, particularly if it is used regularly. With your help we can scale-up MUAC screening at the community level for early prevention and treatment of acute malnutrition.