A strong child protection system addresses the many inter-connected risks that confront children and their families.
The challenge is to build such a system to protect every child.
In almost 1/3 of all cases of domestic violence the victims are children.
- In almost 1/3 of all cases of domestic violence the victims are children.
- Over 2/3 of children in institutions are children with disabilities.
- 44% of boys and 42% of girls under the age of 14 have experienced violent methods of discipline at home.
- Out of the total number of reported children in conflict with the law, diversionary measures are applied before criminal proceedings in only 9.5 % of cases.
- 57% of girls from Roma settlements are married before the age of 18 and almost 18% are married before the age of 15.