Official launch of the use of learning tools in Environmental Education for Sustainable Development
1. Context and rationale
As part of the promotion and improvement of the quality of Environmental Education for Sustainable Development in Madagascar, the Ministry of National Education, through the Environmental Education Department, will officially launch the communication tools in EEDD on October 13, 2020 at EPP Analamahitsy.
Developed by the technical team of the Environmental Education Department and other technical directorates of the Ministry of National Education, the Ministry of Higher Education, with the support of Unicef, these tools will facilitate awareness raising and training for students and teachers. They are composed of key rings, boards and guides for teachers. UNICEF's programs, in support of the Education Sector Plan and the Madagascar Emergency Plan, help strengthen the resilience of individuals and communities to act in favor of the environment and reduce the risks related to the environmental degradation, climate change and natural disasters.
These educational materials also contribute to strengthening the knowledge and participation of students and teachers in environmental education and sustainable development through the promotion and operationalization of schools on the road to sustainability among public and private primary and secondary establishments in Madagascar (T4-T9).
• To inform all stakeholders about the existence and importance of environmental education tools;
• To strengthen the knowledge and participation of students and teachers in environmental education and sustainable development through promoting the establishment and operationalization of schools on the road to sustainability among public and private primary and secondary schools in Madagascar.
• To ensure public and private school officials at all levels understand the meaning of the concept "School on the road to sustainability" and encourage them to act accordingly.
3. The beneficiary regions
- Atsimo Andrefana
- Atsimo Atsinanana
- Vatovavy Fitovinany
4. Expected results
• The awareness and training campaign is officially launched by the competent authority of the Ministry of National Education;
• All stakeholders in the national education system are informed about the existence and importance of the educational tools and the accessories thereof;
• The knowledge and skills of students and teachers in EEDD are strengthened;
• Managers of public and private schools at all levels understand the meaning of the concept “School on the road to sustainability” and are mobilized accordingly.
5. Agenda for the event
- 9H30: Guests ‘arrival
-10H00: Series of speeches
1- Director of EPP Analamahitsy
2- Director of Mass Education and Citizenship
3- Representative of UNICEF Madagascar
After his speech, the UNICEF representative officially hands over the EEDD educational tools to the Minister of National Education
4- Minister of National Education
-10: 30: Projection of a video on the use of the tools
-10.40: Visit of the establishment
- 11:00: Press briefing
UNICEF promotes the rights and wellbeing of every child, in everything we do. Together with our partners, we work in 190 countries and territories to translate that commitment into practical action, focusing special effort on reaching the most vulnerable and excluded children, to the benefit of all children, everywhere.