Adolescents and youth need more opportunities to civically engage, including digitally, and to voice their opinions on issues that affect them. UNICEF Serbia is organizing a workshop on the use of mobile journalism and vlogging as forms of digital storytelling in order to encourage youth to share their perspective and opinions on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
WHEN and WHERE
Belgrade, 30 March 2019.
WHAT WILL WE DO
- Adolescents and youth will be equipped with awareness on the SDGs and the basic principles of CRC
- Training design will rely on the use of innovative methods, e.g. using a smartphone to create images, audio and video
- Adolescents and youth will be empowered to voice their opinions and trained on facilitating further discussions with their peers
- Youth feedback will be included as feed into the Voluntary National Review for Serbia, a unique opportunity to bring to the fore issues that are of concern to children, adolescents and youth.
WHO CAN APPLY
To ensure youth opinions are heard in the VNR consultative process, and to amplify their voice in setting priorities towards achieving the SDGs in Serbia, UNICEF opens the call for adolescents and youth who are:
- 15-24 years old
- Engaged in or interested to actively participate in the society
- Coming from various municipalities in Serbia
- With basic command of English.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion, and adolescent participation needs to contribute to young people gaining confidence and opening doors to equal opportunities. Therefore, adolescents and youth from vulnerable groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Fill in the application form and submit a 20-second video telling us why you would like to take part in the workshop or how you see the role of youth in the society following this link.
Deadline for applying is March 18, 2019.
Early applications are encouraged since the applicants will be evaluated on the first come - first served basis. UNICEF will cover the transport cost for participants outside of Belgrade (return public transport ticket), participation fee of the workshop and refreshments during the workshop.
In case of any questions please contact Aleksandra Andjelic email@example.com.
UNICEF promotes the rights and wellbeing of every child, in everything we do. Together with our partners, we work in 190 countries and territories to translate that commitment into practical action, focusing special effort on reaching the most vulnerable and excluded children, to the benefit of all children, everywhere.
For more information about UNICEF and its work for children, visit www.unicef.org/serbia