Through innovation and digital transformation, UNICEF works with government and Business to address the most pressing problems that marginalized children and youth face
What we do?
UNICEF works with partners from all sectors to promote innovative solutions and develop new methods to implement sustainable and scalable programmes for all children and young people. We are committed to promote four types of innovation that are essential to improve the lives of children in Serbia:
- Digital innovation
- Physical and product innovation
- Programme innovation
- Innovative financing
Fostering innovation in programming and advocacy is key to accelerating results for children and achieving the ambitious Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Through innovation and digital transformation, UNICEF works with government and Business to address the most pressing problems that marginalized children and youth face. UNICEF Serbia especially focuses on leveraging digital and frontier technologies, such as artificial intelligence, virtual reality, the internet of things and blockchain. With start-ups and innovators, UNICEF aims to promote the use of digital and frontier technologies to positively impact children and society in Serbia. ‘Designing with the users’ is one of UNICEF’s key innovation principles. By working directly with children and youth, UNICEF identifies better ways to serve the needs of vulnerable children and offer life-changing solutions.
Interested in working wit UNICEF?
UNICEF is always looking for novel technology and innovative solutions for children. If you (or your company) are interested in working with UNICEF, please contact on the link below.
Innovative Solutions in Serbia
- Interactive mobile app for parenting. Favourite phone counselling service for parents, Halo Beba, launches a new mobile application.
- Virtual reality for supporting students and teachers. UNICEF’s Innovation Fund makes first investment in Serbian start-up company creating a virtual reality platform.
- Innovative digital platform for reporting of violence and counselling. National Children’s Line (NADEL) enables easy reporting and counselling through chatbot applications.
- Innovation challenge for clean air. 14 innovative technologies for better air quality in Serbia selected
- RapidPro for enhancing plasma donation for COVID-19 antibody treatment. Real-time information supports plasma donation.
- U-Report for empowering children. A digital platform enables young Serbians to share their opinion with policymakers.