The objective is that more girls and boys are enrolled, retained and learning in pre-primary and primary schools, and there are fewer children out of school.
Only 1 out of 3 children completes primary education
Families support 40 per cent of recurrent costs of the education system.
Only 20 per cent of teachers are civil servants and 97 per cent do not have a professional teaching diploma.
Improving access and retention
Re-enroll out-of-school children and inclusion of children with disabilities
Improving the quality of teaching and learning
Teacher policy and training
Strengthen early learning systems
Teaching and learning support materials
Strengthening capacities of national and subnational education authorities (sector policy and plans; information system ; governance ; sector coordination – school governance and community participation
Improve emergency response and resilience systems: Risk and disaster reduction training, planning, deployment of prepositioned stock and building awareness on climate change
- New Education Sector Plan 2018-2022 developed
- Training of 43,000 teachers and donation of teachings to 10,000 schools
- Reinsertion of Out-of-school children through catch-up classes: about 100,000 students
- Education in emergency situation
- 160,000 students benefited from educational support during emergency situations
- Disaster Risk Reduction: training for students, communities and education authorities in 16 regions