Rising to the Challenge
Youth Perspectives on Climate Change and Education in Bangladesh
The study examines Bangladesh’s youth experiences and perceptions of climate change impacts on education, climate change learning and their needs to become effective and confident agents of change.
Key findings from the report:
- 85% of young people in Bangladesh actually learn about climate change in school and to a greater extent than in any other South Asian country.
- 95% want to know more about climate change, including how to prevent it and take action locally.
- 70% of young people are worried, also higher than the rest of the South Asia region.
- 71% believe the government will take action to address climate change.
- 94% of young people want to take action (but need support).
- 78% said their education has been hampered due to climate change.
(PDF, 10,88 MB)