UNICEF Uganda EVD Humanitarian Situation Report
Ebola Virus Disease Humanitarian Situation Report No.5
- The first case of Ebola / the Sudan Virus Disease (SVD) was confirmed in Uganda on 20 September 2022.
- As of 15 December, 18 days had passed since the confirmation of last case in Kassanda District.
- UNICEF provided 15,000 Ready to Use Infant Formula (RUIF) packets in Mubende and Kassanda Districts to ensure uninterrupted feeding for children of mothers affected by Ebola who are restricted from breastfeeding.
- A total of 3,624 children and caregivers were reached with mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) during this reporting period.
- Infection prevention and control/WASH supplies have been dispatched to 46 high-risk health care facilities in Kampala through the KCCA during the last week.
- During the reporting period, 290,324 community members and 65,407 children were reached through door-to-door visits and community dialogue meetings in the nine SVD-affected and at-high-risk districts.