- We Work with country offices, regional institutions, media, headquarters, and global thought leaders.
- We Add value to UNICEF country offices in South Asia through active leadership, technical assistance, quality assurance and oversight.
- We Increase confidence by being a trusted partner of choice and we promote efficiency in our operations.
- We Empower others to act more strategically, innovate and take risks to improve results for every child.
- We Bring state-of-the-art knowledge, regional perspective, access to global networks and the credibility of UNICEF.
- We Influence decision making and leverage support to accelerate results for children.
UNICEF in South Asia is committed to transforming the future by:
- Being child-centered and results-based
- Achieving equitable results
- Promoting efficient and effective operations and cooperations
- Innovating by doing things differently to add value for children
- Acting at scale
- Documenting evidence, change, impact, and challenges
Ms. Jean Gough is responsible for the leadership, oversight, and guidance to eight UNICEF country programmes in South Asia. She also represents UNICEF with governments, donors, the private sector and civil society in the region.
With over 23 years of service in UNICEF, Ms. Gough has extensive expertise in programme management, emergency response, systems strengthening, resource mobilisation and partnerships. Immediately prior to her current assignment, she was UNICEF Representative in Nigeria, coordinating the management of 10 field offices, covering 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory. She has also served as Deputy Regional Director, UNICEF Regional Office for Latin America and the Caribbean and UNICEF Representative in the Occupied Palestinian Territory and Barbados.
A national of Honduras, Ms. Gough is an engineer by profession. She holds a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering and a Master of Science in Water Resource Management from the Arizona State University.
UNICEF South Asia Regional Director, Jean Gough
UNICEF South Asia Deputy Regional Director, Philippe Cori
- Harriet Torlesse, Nutrition
- Sheeba Harma, Gender
- Remon Leers, Security
- Urmila Sarkar, Education
- Therese Dooley, Water, Sanitation, Hygiene
- Diane Summers, Communication for Development
- Paul Rutter, Health
- Wojciech Koprowicz, ICT
- Samuel Bickel, Evaluation
- Inoussa Kabore, Programme and Planning
- Anne Sophie Bonefeld, Communication
- Abdul Alim, Social Policy
- Kendra Gregson, Child Protection
- Patrick Voigt, Human Resources