Plant at Home (#СадиСиДома) #VolunteersForChildren Initiative
Young volunteers planting seeds of hope
Do you sometimes feel anxious, lonely or just bored? Are you feeling disconnected and isolated? Do you want to learn something new but are struggling to get motivated? Join the group of young people planting seeds of hope and spreading positivity.
The Plant at Home (#СадиСиДома) #VolunteersforChildren initiative is a youth led initiative designed to support young people cope with self-isolation and mental health by bonding with peers, spreading positivity and raising eco-awareness.
“With this volunteer initiative we want to have a positive impact on young people’s mental health and create opportunities, gain new experiences and knowledge.” Isidora, 15 years old
“With all the negativity going around, let’s do something positive! Gardening makes us feel happier, more optimistic and relives stress and anxiety. Today we challenge you to plant something and share a positive message with your friends and family during this time.” Teodora, 16 years old
Meet the @SadiSiDoma Volunteer Leaders:
As Volunteer Leaders they:
- Design, administrate and contribute to the @sadisidoma Instagram profile by researching and creating new ideas and content.
- Coordinate weekly challenges based on own research and ideas on tips and tricks and by suggestions submitted by @SadiSiDoma Activators.
- Design and implement digital workshops to support @SadiSiDoma Activators including workshops on how to start a local @SadiSiDoma challenge; how to organize a local seedling swap; how to make pots out of reusable material and other ideas to promote emotional wellbeing and zero waste.
- Prepare and distribute starter kits for @SadiSiDoma Activators who want to join but don’t have the means.
- Design ways to keep track of the results of @SadiSiDoma Activators and monitor their results and provide them ongoing support
- Communicate on a weekly level with the UNICEF volunteer coordinator and participate at online meetings.
Join the growing network of #SadiSiDoma Volunteer Activators
(currently over 45 young people)
- Engage in online workshops on how to get started and give tips on how to build network of @SadiSiDoma enthusiasts.
- Start @SadiSiDoma challenges in your community and circle of friends by planting seeds/plant, creating and posting your own videos and photos to show your results, share a positive message and challenge others to do the same using the @SadiSiDoma #СадиСиДома #VolunteersForChildren hashtags.
- Plant and share seedlings with friends and others who want to get involved.
- Organize community swaps or local events for sharing and donating plants and promote the cause of the volunteer initiative.
- Propose new ideas and tips and tricks to @SadiSiDoma Volunteer leaders to be amplified to the broader @SadiSiDoma network and share success stories from your activators.
- Share success stories from your community.
- Report in to the @SadiSiDoma Leaders on your results.
Join the network of Volunteer Activators
@SadiSiDoma is a UNICEF supported #VolunteersForChildren initiative designed by youth for youth during a “Volunteering in the time of COVID-19” design workshop. It’s part of a broader UNICEF volunteer programme designed to help young people gain new experiences, develop transferable skills and create opportunities for them to express their views and engage in community activities to advance the rights and wellbeing of children. Part of the @SadiSiDoma activities are funded by USAID.