Working in partnership for children
Call for CSOs for proposals
Call for Expression of Interest to the civil society organizations
Expression of Interest (EOI): Partnership with UNICEF, WHO, the Ministry of Health of the Kyrgyz Republic and Gavi on Immunization in Kyrgyzstan
As part of Gavi 5.0 Immunization strategy, there is an intentional focus on new approaches and partner diversification to deliver on Gavi 5.0 equity goal, including national partners such as Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), non-governmental organizations, advocacy organizations, professional and community associations, faith-based organizations, and academia – which can support the Governments across a wide spectrum of activities. Gavi encourages technical assistance (Targeted Country Assistance) is provided by a range of institutions, leveraging what different partners bring to the table to advance both country and Alliance goals for immunization equity. In order to identify relevant local partners with the capacity to engage in immunization activities, a mapping of available Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) should be done to support the process. Gavi considers civil society to encompass the full range of formal and informal, non-governmental and not-for-profit organizations that represent the interests, expertise and values of communities [including CBOs, CSOs, FBOs, INGOs, civil society networks, non-governmental organizations, local professional associations, not for profit advocacy organizations, etc].
As part of TCA 2022-2025 planning process, countries should map existing CSOs to assess their relevance for immunization program engagement. UNICEF has extensive experience in working with CSOs in different fields, therefore it is in a better position to do the mapping. UNICEF is looking for CSOs with proven experience working in Immunization in Kyrgyzstan. CSOs interested in this partnership should be able to provide evidence of their capacities in immunization areas, including reaching the most vulnerable, indicate areas of potential support, geographical locations of previous and current work in immunization, and their structure and ongoing programs being implemented by them.
BASELINE INFORMATION AND MAPPING EXERCISE
Once submissions have been received by UNICEF after this Expression of Interest, an Institution will be hired to conduct a detailed mapping and verification of CSOs that responded to this EOI.
Expressions of interest are invited from formal and informal CSOs and NGOs registered in Kyrgyzstan with proven capacity to partner with UNICEF, WHO and the Ministry of Health of the Kyrgyz Republic, Republican Center for Immunoprophylaxis (RCI) in delivering quality immunization services.
Prospective CSOs/NGOs are required to provide:
Technical details of previous work conducted in the field of immunization, child health or public health initiatives, the scope of the work, the impact (number of people or children reached), the areas of work (eg. Community mobilization, quality assurance, capacity development, etc) and source of funding.
MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS FOR PRE QUALIFICATION
1. Certificate of registration and confirmation of work permit in Kyrgyzstan
2. Work experience in the field of child health, including immunization
3. The absence of tax and insurance payments arrears at the time of submission of the EOI or participation in the competition.
SUBMISSION OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
In order to be considered as potential partner, interested CSOs and NGOs should submit their Expression of Interest including the following information by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional verification of any information submitted may be requested.
1. CSO/NGO registration: A copy of the organization’s registration required by law and issued by an authorized agency: This document is mandatory for administrative compliance and starts with a technical evaluation of EOI.
2. Litigation: Information regarding any litigation, current or during the last five years, in which the Organization was/is involved, the parties concerned, and the disputed amounts and awards.
3. Bank reference: The organization must provide bank inquiries upon demand at the requested time.
4. Company Profile: Submit the organization profile, showing assets, equipment and other resources. Include any service benchmarks, indicators workflows and financial processes adopted by the organization. Please, indicate approximately the exact amount of turnover for the last two years.
5. Key personnel: CV’s should be submitted for all key personnel. CV’s should show the qualification, competence and experience of the key personnel.
6. Reference list and value of ongoing or past immunization or child health projects implemented in the past 6 three years: Include a list of projects with scope, completion period and list of personnel engaged in this project. Include the name of the project, kind of activities, location of the project, name, telephone, email of the client, the value of the executed project (USD) and duration of executing the project (from, month/year – to, month/year)
7. Previous experience of working with UN, WHO, UNICEF, CDC and WB: Include the name of the project, kind of executed project, name, telephone, email of the client, the value of executed work (USD) and duration of executing the project (from, month/year – to, month/year)
SUBMISSION OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
Interested CSOs and NGOs are encouraged to submit their EOI to the below email address: email@example.com
The Expression of Interest and accompanying documents must be received by UNICEF not later than 7 April 2023.
Large email files should be split in multiple emails, with each attachment not exceeding 5 mb
When submitting the EOI, please quote the EOI reference EOI/KYRZ/2023/CSO/MAPPING in the subject line of the email.
Any queries about this EOI, should be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. The EOI does not constitute a solicitation. A bid or proposal is not required at this stage; we only seek your expression of interest to participate in a potential future tender.
2. A response to this request for an Expression of Interest does not automatically ensure that you will be selected to participate in the tender.