Regional learning platform on child care reform
Sharing learning to improve children’s care across Eastern and Southern Africa
The regional learning platform on care reform in Eastern and Southern Africa is an opportunity for policy makers and practitioners in Government, UNICEF and NGOs to exchange learning on care.
The platform was established by UNICEF and Changing the Way We Care (CTWWC) and is supported by the consultancy firm Child Frontiers. The establishment of the learning platform was made possible by the generous support of the USAID Displace Children and Orphans Fund.
The platform activities include:
- A monthly newsletter (to sign up please complete this short form)
- Virtual study tours providing detailed information on care reform in five countries
- Small learning groups for practitioners working on reintegration and kafalah
- A helpdesk where UNICEF and government staff from across the region can seek advice on care reform
- Resources for countries new to care reform, including advice and guidance from countries with more established care reform programmes
- Publications, case studies, and short videos on aspects of care reform