January - December 2020. UNICEF response in Venezuela
Find in this report a summary of the situation and response of UNICEF in the country during the year 2020.
- UNICEF provided vital support and continuity to maternal, new-born and child health; supported routine immunisation services; supported enhancement of COVID-19 infection prevention and control; enhanced cold chain capacities and delivered antiretroviral treatment.
- UNICEF rehabilitated 14 rural and urban water supply systems across six states, reaching over 2,600,000 people.
- UNICEF reached 490,883 children under five and pregnant and lactating women (PLW) with nutrition services; prevention, identification and treatment of acute malnutrition among children; and identification and treatment of underweight PLW.
- UNICEF strengthened local child protection systems, expanding outreach to 103 Child Protection Councils in 15 states, benefitting 60,369 children with case management and protection measures.
- To ensure access to education and regular attendance through school feeding, UNICEF supported 104,916 children (54,145 girls and 50,771 boys) with necessary food elements and an appropriate dietary intake -distributed in food bags or prepared meals in school-, in eight states.
- UNICEF transitioned from field monitoring to remote monitoring, conducting almost 4,000 monitoring activities in more than 1,800 establishments in 22 out of 24 states.