COVID-19 situation reports
Snapshot of current needs and response
Latest situation report
#7 reporting period: 1 to 23 July 2020
- The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Somalia has risen to 3,161 with 93 deaths as of 23 July 2020. Children accounted for less than 4.8% of the total confirmed cases.
- COVID-19 restrictions are slowly being relaxed across Somalia: domestic flights resumed as of 5 July 2020, mosques and religious centers have fully resumed their services, national school exams were held over the week of 27 June.
- UNICEF continues working with partners for the provision distance learning lessons disseminated through TV, radio and online platforms for 116,612 children. Of these, 48,218 were adolescent girls.
- Delivery of lifesaving essential health services remains UNICEF’s priority. During the reporting period, 101,374 children and women received essential healthcare services.
- UNICEF also supported the provision of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for 494 healthcare facilities staff and community health workers.
Previous situation reports available for download
Situation report 6 - 15 to 24 June 2020
Situation report 5 - 1 to 14 June 2020
Situation report 4 - 16 to 31 May 2020
Situation report 3 - 24 April to 16 May 2020
Situation report 2 - 10 to 24 April 2020
Situation report 1 - 14 March to 14 April 2020