Youth activities in the era of corona virus
blog by Silvija Nešić (24) from Pirot
State of an emergency certainly hit the young. Young people are used to spending their free time socializing, often sitting in a coffee house. Now when cafés are closed is this, bad or a bit of good luck for us?
At first, all of my friends and I wondered what to do, how to organize our time, how to help.
Here are some tips I think each of us can do:
- Ask around if there is coordinated volunteering in your city. This way, we can help our senior residents, but only if they are kept safe along the way (high prevention measures must be observed). The feeling of volunteering and helping others is priceless.
- You can learn a foreign language you have always wanted. Look for some easy application or online course. Why not ... or rather ask y porque no? 😊
- Many exhibitions have become available online and you can also visit a gallery through a virtual tour.
- You can watch movies and series and then meet with your friends via chat or Skype and discuss.
- There are also books. Countless books that are unread and worth reading. I'm sure each of you has at least one book on the waiting list that you can now dedicate yourself to.
- Meet a new culture - you can always travel to any country you want via Google Maps, search about tradition, prominent people, art and anything else that comes to your mind. You can also organize a thematic day or photo challenge among your friends so you can all send each other postcards from your room as if you were there.
- You can explore various recipes and learn how to cook something and later get together with friends over Skype for a light dinner…
As everything is cancelled and now we have time for everything we ever wanted to do, I recommend that everyone make the most of it.
Before, it used to be difficult to get a piece of information and now it is just one click away.
We should not spread panic, but use this time to work on ourselves, educate, learn new things and find a way to get out of the current situation even better than we used to be.