Over 100 children and adolescents have joined UNICEF in the Maldives. Will you be next?
UNICEF is here for the children and youth of the Maldives – but nothing we do would be possible without the involvement of youth themselves. We rely on our 100+ volunteers to help us advocate for what children and youth actually need, and use their input to create real, impactful change throughout the country.
As a volunteer, you can expect to:
- Make your voice heard about the issues affecting your community
- Develop creative skills including writing and photography
- Participate in UNICEF events, like World Children’s Day celebrations, island-wide clean-ups, and education and awareness sessions
- Attend dialogues and discussions to help UNICEF and partners better understand youth's most pressing challenges
- Gain leadership skills while facilitating discussions and workshops
- Learn about issues affecting children around the country
- And more!
If you’d like an inside look into what UNICEF does to support children, sign up to volunteer for our Maldives office. Please contact Shaima Mufeed at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in volunteering. We hope you’ll help us make a difference for children of the Maldives!
“I like helping people. It’s nice knowing that I can contribute to making someone else’s life even a little bit better.”
- UNICEF volunteer Eema
Mohamed Fahmy, age 16