Disrupting Harm in Malaysia
Protecting children in Malaysia from online sexual exploitation & abuse
Disrupting Harm is an unprecedented multi-country research project generating evidence on the nature and scope of online child sexual exploitation and abuse (OCSEA) and the national response systems in place to combat this threat. The study includes 13 countries across Eastern and Southern Africa and Southeast Asia, including Malaysia. Supported by the Fund to End Violence Against Children, Disrupting Harm draws on the expertise of ECPAT International, INTERPOL, UNICEF, and their networks of both national and global partners. In Malaysia the project has been facilitated by the in-country partners UNICEF Malaysia Country Office, The End CSEC Network Malaysia, and the National Central Bureau of INTERPOL with support from the Malaysian Communication and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) and the Ministry of Women, Family and Community Development.
The evidence generated for the Disrupting Harm in Malaysia national report highlights key steps for policy makers, law enforcement, private sector, civil society, the general public, and others to further disrupt the harm of online sexual exploitation and abuse to children in Malaysia. To further strengthen the report and its recommendations, the key findings and recommendations of the report were presented to key national stakeholders at a consultation that took place in April 2022. Feedback gathered during this consultation was used to further contextualize and strengthen the recommendations of the report.
How to download
The report consists of the following documents. Executive summaries & Malay translated documents can be downloaded from this page via the dropdown menu in the right. The full report & advocacy brief in English are available on our partner's site.
- Disrupting Harm in Malaysia (English) – Download from partner site HERE
- Disrupting Harm di Malaysia (Malay) – Available on UNICEF Malaysia in dropdown menu to the right. Or click HERE
- Disrupting Harm in Malaysia Executive Summary (English) – Available on UNICEF Malaysia in dropdown menu to the right. Or click HERE
- Disrupting Harm di Malaysia Ringkasan Eksekutif (Malay) – Available on UNICEF Malaysia in dropdown menu to the right. Or click HERE
- Disrupting Harm in Malaysia Advocacy Brief (English) – Download from partner site HERE
- Disrupting Harm di Malaysia Ringkasan Advokasi (Malay) – Available on UNICEF Malaysia in dropdown menu to the right. Or click HERE
Missed the Live Launch of the report? DOWNLOAD the Disrupting Harm in Malaysia - Launch - Key Findings Presentation HERE!