UNICEF Malawi COVID-19 Situation Report 26 August
COVID-19 in Malawi
- On 15 August, the President in his address to the nation announced that opening of schools, colleges and universities will take place in early September. While the exact date for the reopening has not yet been determined, the Ministry of Education is undertaking preparatory activities to ensure that the schools are safe for opening.
- The country’s airports are expected to open for commercial flights in the first week of September.
- UNICEF has supported the Ministry of Health to train 56 clinicians from three central hospitals as part of a process to empower districts and central hospital to undertake the death audits.
- To date, UNICEF support has enabled over 8,000 people in 6 districts to receive community-based Mental Health and Psychosocial Support from District Social Welfare Officers.
- The Ministry of Health, with support from UNICEF, has trained 256 laboratory workers staff from all 51 testing sites in the country on newly approved testing protocols and guidelines and other technical aspects such as reducing wastage and invalid/indeterminate results.
Download the report
(PDF, 367,32 KB)