Paid Internship to support the organization of events marking World Children’s Day 2022
Closing Date: 11 November 2022
1. Terms of Reference/Details of assignment to be performed:
Taking place every year on 20 November, the anniversary of the adoption of the Convention on the Rights of the Child, World Children’s Day (WCD) highlights critical issues affecting children’s lives and supports the engagement of children and young people as advocates for their own rights.
This year WCD takes place the same day the football World Cup kicks off on 20 November, providing a unique opportunity to creatively engage new audiences and put children’s issues at the top of the global agenda. UNICEF is exploring a creative platform linking our brand and work with football/sport. Within this, and building on the important messages around diversity and inclusion that we have seen in sport over recent years, we will have a focus on inclusion for every child, regardless of gender, race, disabilities, geographies etc.
Lao PDR is still in the midst of recovering from the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, so this WCD will also highlight this aspect and the importance of keeping children learning and schools open, continuing to protect one another from COVID-19 and create opportunities for children and young people’s participation in advocacy around issues that are close to their heart.
UNICEF Lao PDR intends to hire an intern (paid) who can support the communication section to organize a series of events to mark World Children’s Day 2022, as well as with the day-to-day administrative needs of the section.
2. Period of Agreement:
from 15 November to 30 December 2022 (full time).
3. Expected outputs and delivery date:
Support the Communication Section before, during and after the events related to World Children’s Day 2022. Specifically:
- Liase with suppliers for quotes and delivery of products
- Write emails, send invitations, make follow up calls with invited people
- Accompany staff members on site visits before the events
- On the day of the events, be ready to support organizers and partners
- Ensure that products are delivered on time
- Print all materials needed at the event such as agendas, speeches, etc
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations
- Support the Communication Section with any other needs related to the organization of the events
- Support the Communication Section with day-to-day administrative tasks related to annual reviews, donor and high level visits, budget closures, meetings.
4. Contract Supervisor:
Chiara Frisone, OIC Chief of Communication.