A mobile application for parents of children from birth to 6 years, and professionals
- Available in:
About the app
The Bebbo app is an interactive guide assisting parents from the moment a child is born to the first day of school (0-6 years old).
As a child is born, parents have to learn to be doctors, psychologists, and safety experts a little. There are a thousand questions requiring immediate answers: at 6 in the morning or at 12 at night. We, the UNICEF team, want to help parents and guardians; therefore, we have developed a pocket assistant: Bebbo, a completely free mobile app for parents.
Medical doctors, psychologists and experts on safe environment for babies are in touch with you 24/7.
You can exhale and enjoy parenthood
The new mobile application will help mothers and fathers, and grandparents cope with parental stress and difficulties in raising a child.
You can use Bebbo daily to:
- monitor the child's progress;
- stimulate development of the child through games;
- get tips from experts;
- keep records and schedules of health check-ups and vaccinations;
- be reminded about important developmental milestones;
- learn about ways to improve the child's language, motor and social skills.
And it is very important to use advice about taking care of your own well-being. Please, don't forget about yourself.
Help for professionals
In addition, our application will be useful for professionals (e.g. educators, health workers) who work with parents and children.
The materials library will be a useful resource for professionals working with children and a tool for building trust with parents.
Healthcare or preschool staff can encourage parents to use the app, or they can turn to it themselves for quick tips.
You can help parents download the Bebbo Baby Growth Diary for free and review their child's vaccination schedule or progress in her/his development together, while offering additional personal advice.
Tracker of the comprehensive development of the child
Immunization card and vaccination planning for the child
Baby height and weight updates, nutritional advice
Scheduling health check-ups and reminders of upcoming visits to medical specialists
Hundreds of ideas for gaming and development of child's skills
Advice from experts on various topics
Frequently asked questions
How was the Bebbo app developed?
UNICEF has cooperated with local partners and early childhood development experts in each country. For example, in order to make the mobile application relevant for Belarusian parents, we invited local healthcare and education experts to fill the app with a localized content.
The app prototype was developed by UNICEF Serbia and their local partners. Then the UNICEF Regional Office for Europe and Central Asia used this prototype as a basis for developing localized versions of the app. This is how Bebbo was developed for Belarus, Ukraine, Uzbekistan and other countries.
In which countries UNICEF launches the Bebbo app?
The Bebbo app is available in 12 languages in 11 countries: Belarus, Bulgaria, Greece, Serbia, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Uzbekistan, Albania, and Tajikistan.
Why is Bebbo only for 0-6 year olds?
The first years of a baby's life are an important period determining the development of the child in subsequent years. For example, a baby's brain in the first 5 years of life creates a million new neural connections every second. Therefore, we decided to help parents not to miss this important time by telling them every day how to raise a smart and healthy child.
Does Bebbo collect personal data, and who has access to this information?
The application does not collect any personal data enabling to identify a parent or child, and the app does not store the data on any external server automatically. All data entered into the application is stored only on the user's personal device, i.e. a smartphone. According to the respective privacy policies of Google and Apple (depending on the operating system on the user's smartphone), users are solely responsible for all data stored on their devices.
How can the app help parents?
The Bebbo app allows parents to:
- get tips from experts on various topics (health, nutrition, breastfeeding, immunization, early development, etc.);
- choose games to develop the child's speech, motor skills, cognitive abilities, social-emotional skills, and motor coordination;
- track important parameters; it is possible to update the height and weight data of the baby and
- get recommendations on how to improve her/his development, nutrition (including for premature babies);
- monitor the development of the child and the state of her/his health using a built-in tracker. It helps parents track their child's progress, identify developmental delays and ensure relevant responses. With Bebbo, you can keep track of your child health check-up dates, record important information and appointments after visiting a doctor, and get reminders of upcoming appointments with health specialists.
- learn about vaccinations. The app has a vaccination record that makes it easy to track and record your child's vaccinations.
Get advice on how to improve your own well-being and mental health.
How does the app work?
Parents or guardians input basic information about their child (date of birth, name), and they start getting information that is relevant for the child's age and gender. Moreover, you can start using the app when you are only pregnant.
The app will suggest parents to actively track and record their child's developmental and growth milestones. It will notify you of upcoming immunizations and health check-ups, providing detailed information, as well as serving as a convenient repository for all records.
Parents will get personalized guidance on how they can stimulate their baby's development, introduce amore nutritious diet, or better understand their children's needs and behaviors.
- The app will offer parents to actively track and record their child's developmental and growth milestones. It will notify you of upcoming immunizations and medical checkups, providing detailed information, as well as serving as a convenient repository for all records.
- Parents will receive personalized guidance on how they can stimulate their baby's development, introduce a more nutritious diet, or better understand their children's needs and behaviors.
Larisa Gribaleva, singer, TV presenter, actress
What a pity that there was no such mobile assistant when my children Alice and Arseniy, born in the same year, grew up. I was always confused about vaccinations, health check-ups! Now mothers can track the development of their children and take important notes based on the materials of reputable experts. The Bebbo app can work offline and has no ads.
Ekaterina Duboenko, business woman, blogger
Bebbo will help in the upbringing and education of a child up to 6 years old. You can get an answer to any question 24/7. You can create a profile for several children and get individual parenting tips for every child daily.
Pavel Efimenko, businessman, blogger
Children grow up so fast, and it is important for parents not to miss any important stage in their development. There is so much useful information for parents in the Bebbo mobile app! This is a very good assistance in the matters of health and education of children up to 6 years.
Tatyana Klyuch, TV presenter of the Rise TV show (TNT Int.), Russian language teacher
I really liked the app! There are so many useful recommendations, it has a user-friendly interface, and it's all free. ❤️It's great that UNICEF made such a cool project.
Julia Kuryan-Kostyukevich, TV presenter, business woman, blogger
Bebbo is an indispensable assistant for parents, grandparents and all adults who take part in the upbringing of a child. There is a lot of useful information, and it is easy to use.
Ekaterina Filonets-Khodina, blogger, chairperson of the Down Syndrome. Inclusion Republican Social and Charitable Public Association
At last, an application has appeared for tracking the development of a child at all stages. I recommend it from the bottom of my heart. What a pity that when my daughter was a baby, there was no such opportunity.