New UNICEF, Pay&Go service enables Sri Lankan’s to donate to UNICEF’s work for children through nationwide kiosk network.
Pay your utility bill, reload your credit, and help to change a child’s life forever.
Colombo, 24th May 2018: Sri Lankan’s across the country are now able to directly donate to the United Nations Children’s Fund’s (UNICEF) work for children and young people, though Pay&Go nationwide network of payment kiosks.
In a first for the UNICEF in Sri Lanka, the new service - launched today - enables anyone to donate cash of any value at over 520 Pay&Go payment kiosks by following three simple steps. Firstly, selecting the UNICEF icon from the kiosk home screen, secondly, entering their name and telephone number, and thirdly by inserting a donation of any value in the form of cash into the kiosk. Following each successful donation, a printed receipt is provided if selected, and an SMS message confirming the transaction is received instantly. No credit or debit card details are required to use the service and no bank account details are collected.
“We are proud and excited to have launched our new donation service with Pay&Go, giving every Sri Lankan the chance to quickly and easily support children - especially the most vulnerable - across the country through our work” said Tim Sutton, Representative, UNICEF Sri Lanka, adding “When the floods and landslides hit in May 2017, countless individuals wanted to support UNICEF’s response for children and affected communities through donations. Now, as we enter the 2018 monsoon season and beyond, thanks to Pay&Go, we have a simple, safe and secure way for people to do this, and play their part for every child in Sri Lanka. Each donation will make a real difference.”
“Pay&Go kiosks have already transformed the way Sri Lankan’s make everyday payments including paying their utility bills and crediting their accounts” said Vardan Aslibekyan, General Manager of MegaPay Pvt Limited, adding “We are honored to now give our customers the chance to donate to UNICEF’s incredible work for the children of Sri Lanka. With payment kiosks across the country including national hospitals, and other prominent locations, and more planned for the near future, it couldn’t be easier.”
Present in Sri Lanka since the 1950s, UNICEF continues to work to ensure that all children and young people, especially the most vulnerable, benefit from good health and nutrition services, have a quality education, are protected from violence, abuse and neglect and benefit from social protection services. UNICEF also provides essential humanitarian aid during times of emergency, helping communities to respond, recover and prepare for future emergencies.
Of every donation made via the service, UNICEF Sri Lanka will directly receive 99 percent, with the remaining 1 percent covering associated cost. The Pay&Go payment kiosk service is provided by MegaPay Pvt Limited, a valued supporter of UNICEF Sri Lanka. A full list of kiosk locations can be found at www.paygo.lk
### END ###
About UNICEF Sri Lanka
UNICEF promotes the rights and wellbeing of every child, in everything we do. Together with our partners, we work in 190 countries and territories to translate that commitment into practical action, focusing special effort on reaching the most vulnerable and excluded children, to the benefit of all children, everywhere.
For more information about UNICEF Sri Lanka, visit www.unicef.lk