Join UNICEF Serbia Youth Board!
Applications for new members are now open.
UNICEF Serbia is looking for young advocates to join its 2023-2024 Youth Board. 25 young activists will represent UNICEF at national and international events, promote its values and goals and help to create relevant programmes for children and youth.
The UNICEF Youth Board is made up of young leaders who have strong organizational and advocacy skills and an interest in community building, as well as a strong drive to enhance the role of youth in society.
Board members serve for two years, and the selection process is coordinated by the UNICEF Serbia Youth Programme. Candidates are selected based on their activities in their communities and their motivation. UNICEF strives to ensure the equal representation of different genders, social groups, ages, and backgrounds. The idea is to ensure the presence of young people from different backgrounds and social groups, including people with disabilities, Roma youth, LGBTQI+ youth, and youth from less favourable economic backgrounds.
The members of the 2023-2024 Youth Board will:
- Learn about UNICEF’s role in Serbia and advocate for children and young people at conferences, meetings, and high-level events
- Support UNICEF in its programme activities
- Attend learning and training opportunities
- Participate at national and international events, conferences, summits, etc. to present UNICEF’s activities and results
- Build links between UNICEF’s Youth Programme and youth at the local level through participation in different activities
- Contribute to building an online community of youth who are interested in UNICEF’s activities and programmes through social media, e.g., by posting stories and posts on Instagram
- Participate in the production of digital content (write-ups, blogs, photographs, videos, interviews) for UNICEF
- Propagate key youth needs and recommendations and advocacy with decision-makers and the in community
UNICEF Youth Board members serve on a voluntary basis, without financial compensation (UNICEF will cover the cost of bus tickets for travel within Serbia). All members will receive a Certificate of Appreciation for their contribution at the end of their mandates.
Participants from all regions of Serbia are welcome to apply!
Youth Board Members are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Be 15-24 years old
- Have experience or be interested in at least one of the priority areas of the Youth Programme (Climate Change and Air Pollution, Mental Health, Active Participation and Non-Formal Education)
- Have good networking and communication skills, and the ability to work in team
- Show readiness to actively participate in all activities and travel in-person to meetings
- Live and study in Serbia
- Speak a level of English that allows everyday interactions. While most of the work of the Board will be in Serbian, English may be required for meetings with officials.
Through its network of partners UNICEF wants to reach adolescents who are excluded and to support their participation and build their capacities to enhance their self-confidence, inclusion, and direct representation.
Particular efforts will be invested to reach and build solidarity among out-of-school working adolescents, adolescents with disabilities, adolescent girls, ethnic minority groups, adolescents affected by HIV/AIDS, married adolescents, adolescents who are caregivers or parents, adolescents who are stateless, refugees, internally displaced persons (IDPs), and/or on the move, adolescents living in alternative care, adolescents who are lesbian, gay, transgender, questioning or inter-sex (LGBTQI).
We are looking for you!
To apply, fill in the form before 15 December 2022.
If you have questions, feel free to contact Kseniia Mikhailova, Youth Engagement Associate, at email@example.com