Generation Unlimited 9JA
Young People’s Action Team - Call for Application
Generation Unlimited 9JA
GenU 9JA is a public-private-youth partnership platform established to support adolescents and youth successfully transition from learning to earning. Its objective is to support 20 million youth, aged 10-24, access digital learning, job-related 21st Century skills and livelihood opportunities, as well as engage as active members of society by 2030.
GenU 9JA crowds in public and private partners as well as young people with the aim to co-create innovative solutions to be implemented by all partners for impact at scale. It is a powerful shared-value partnership platform focused on unlocking all existing in-country, regional and global investments in support of empowering youth to play a positive role in their societies and the global economy. It unleashes the voices of young people with specific needs, especially those at greater risk of being left behind, creates synergies between major actors and accelerates momentum towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
GenU 9JA is launching a call for applications for its maiden edition of Young People’s Action Team (YPAT) who are committed to taking urgent action today, so their peers have the support they need to assume leadership roles tomorrow!
Young People’s Action Team (YPAT)
The purpose of the Young People’s Action Team (YPAT) is to ensure meaningful engagement of young people, who are committed to lend their voices and credibility to advocate, for increased investment in supporting Nigerian Youth transitioning from learning to earning. YPATs will be part of the decision-making processes of GenU9JA, to steer and support implementation of GenU and act as the sounding board to the GenU country team, ensuring that the voices of young people, especially the most vulnerable and marginalized, are heard by GenU9JA partners and taken into consideration in the implementation of GenU. YPATs are key in ensuring visibility for Nigerian youth and ensuring GenU 9JA’s mandate remains a national, regional, and global priority.
- Be a dynamic young person between 15 and 29 years of age, living and/or working in Nigeria.
- Availability to participate in an (volunteer) advisory capacity and commit to the YPAT for two years with no remuneration.
- Be able and available for at least 2 hours weekly (depending on demand) to be part of routine tasks, check-ins, review meetings as required.
- Have a valid Nigerian Passport (Open visa is an advantage)
- Have a good working knowledge of English.
- Have an appetite for adolescent and youth engagement with at least 2 years’ experience working on issues of education, health, women and girls, youth employability, entrepreneurship, livelihood opportunities, agriculture, climate change and digital skills or in any capacity and you are passionate about how these impacts young people.
- Have an impressive social network of other young people and have leadership potential to drive influence, leveraging existing opportunities to mobilize resources for GenU 9JA’s mandate.
- Have good communication skills, development of youth friendly advocacy materials and the use of social media and other platforms (E-meetings/webinars, Telegram, Facebook, Twitter, and blogs etc.) to create visibility and promote, amplify issues. A large social media following is a plus as well as experience influencing people.
- Keen about the Nigerian Youth transitioning from learning to earning from education to socioeconomic opportunities and gainful employment.
- Can demonstrate how you will use what you learn in ensuring visibility for Nigerian youth and ensuring GenU 9JA’s mandate remains a national, regional, and global priority.
- Highly motivated, committed to delivering results on a scale.
- Ability to encourage participation from and provide feedback to young people, particularly the most vulnerable and marginalized young people.
- TOR FOR YPAT 2022 (Terms of Reference attached)
- YPAT APPLICATION FORM
Participants are requested to click the link and fill the google form. Deadline for submission 8th July 2022.