Inclusion of children with disability in Montenegro (December 2011)
It's about ability
Same as in the previous wave, citizens are at the strongest social distance from children with rather severe emotional disorders (neurosis, psychosis etc.) and children with severe socialization disorder (socially unacceptable behavior).
• On the other hand, citizens are at the weakest social distance from children with severe visual and hearing impairments, as well as children with speech disorder.
• Relative to the period before the realization of the campaign “It's about ability”, the degree of acceptability towards all categories of children with disabilities has kept its positive trend.
Relative to the previous wave of the survey, percentage of citizens who think that children with disabilities are equally worth members of the society just like all the other citizens, is increased for 8%, which is statistically significant at the level 0.05. In total, since the campaign started the percentage of citizens who think so has increased by 18%.
• Additionally, percentage of citizens who believe that by providing professional assistance and special attitude of the society and institutions, it is possible to SOMEWHAT enable a child with disabilities for life in society, is increased for 7%, which is statistically significant at the level 0.05.
• Or, that the state and society are not able to significantly help children with disabilities is the opinion of 22% of citizens of Montenegro, which is for 14% less than in the period prior to the campaign „It's about ability“.
• Additionally, positive trend is continued in terms of the opinion about positive influence of children with disabilities attending regular classes.