The Republic of Korea provides $1.5 million USD of humanitarian aid to Ethiopia
1. The government of the Republic of Korea has decided to provide a total of $1.5 million USD in humanitarian assistance to Ethiopia through international agencies. This assistance is an addition to the 13 thousand tons of rice assistance (worth $10.7 million USD) to Ethiopia provided by the Republic of Korea this year.
2. The assistance will be provided through the following international agencies:
- WFP: $400,000 USD to provide emergency food aid and nutrition support
- UNHCR: $400,000 USD to provide relief assistance to internally displaced people
- UNICEF: $400,000 USD to provide water, sanitation, and hygiene
- ICRC: $300,000 USD to provide emergency relief
3. The Republic of Korea recognizes the urgent humanitarian needs in Ethiopia and will work closely with the Ethiopian government and relevant international agencies to ensure that the aid can effectively assist people in need and contribute to the improvement of the humanitarian situation in Ethiopia.
UNICEF promotes the rights and wellbeing of every child, in everything we do. Together with our partners, we work in 190 countries and territories to translate that commitment into practical action, focusing special effort on reaching the most vulnerable and excluded children, to the benefit of all children, everywhere.
For more information about UNICEF and its work for children, visit www.unicef.org.