Saving the Earth comic contest
Children create Superhero to fight against natural disasters and climate change
Are you a Vietnamese child aged 10-15?
Do you want to be a creative person?
Do you like comic and cartoon?
Do you like sketching?
Do you like to write stories?
Want to publish a comic book or an animated movie of your own?
And do you want to be a superhero to save the world?
Then join this contest!
- Knowledge about natural disasters and climate change
- Steps to create and develop characters and storylines
- Information needed to participate in the contest
- Reference materials
When the earth began its first life 3.9 billion years ago and from about 1.5 million years ago, people used fire and evolved according to civilizations, lived peacefully with animals on earth.
But one day human's greed and the cruelty raised and turned into the dark devils that created disasters that devastated the earth and killed human being and animals. The house called Earth and humans desperately need superheroes with super powers to be rescued from the dark devils.
Dearest children, currently we have a creative comic contest "Save the Earth - Children create superhero to fight against natural disasters and climate change" for children aged from 10-15 years. As long as you have dreams and creative ideas, you are still hesitant to attend this exciting competition. Let the World know your power, who you are and how far your imagination flies.
JOIN THE CONTEST
[You can support UNICEF by downloading this poster and share it within your community]
- You will create a Superhero character with an Earth rescue adventure;
- The best submissions will win prizes and the chance bring their superhero to life in a comic-book or in a video animation;
- And you will learn more about natural disasters and climate change.
- 1 first prize worth 15 million VND
- 2 second prizes worth 10 million VND
- 3 third prizes worth 5 million VND
- 4 consolation prizes 1 million five hundred thousand VND
And most importantly, the first prize winner will work with a professional team to bring their superhero to life in a comic-book or in a video animation.
SO ARE YOU READY TO SAVE THE WORLD?
- June 28, 2019: Launching the competition.
- August 28, 2019: Deadline for submission of submissions!
- September 15, 2019: Preliminary round!
- September 30, 2019: Final round - vote online!
- October 4, 2019: Announcement of contest results!
- October 13, 2019: Awards ceremony!
The comic contest is organized by UNICEF Viet Nam, Viet Nam Disaster Management Authority-Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (VDMA) and the National Young Pioneer Council (NYPC).
And music composer and singer Lê Cát Trọng Lý will accompany you in the whole contest
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST
YOU WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION
- General knowledge about natural disasters, climate change and environment (Part 1)
- Steps to create, build superhero character and storyline (Part 2)
WHAT ARE YOUR SUBMISSION PRODUCTS?
- Superhero character drawing and storyline, follow the form in Annex 1 and 2, presented on A4 blank paper (or larger format). You can print these templates on paper, or you can copy them to draw and present your story.
- Parental consent form, form at Annex 3. This form can also be printed on paper, or copied for use.
WHERE DO YOU SUBMIT YOUR PRODUCTS?
- Mail to the Communication Section, UNICEF Viet Nam, 304 Kim Ma Street, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi
- Or you can scan and send via email with comic contest title “Save the Earth - Children create superhero to fight against natural disasters and climate change” to: email@example.com.
COMIC CONTEST RULES
- Vietnamese children aged 10-15 years old
- Submitted comics are never ever be used, displayed, posted or presented in any forms of books, newspapers, magazines, televisions, radios, websites, etc.
- Each child who submits her or his comic of a superhero should be a single author and should develop and prepare the superhero and story line by herself or himself.
- Children participating in the comic contest should fill in all personal information as required in the forms of the Comic Contest Guideline. The submissions with insufficient personal information are not eligible for further consideration for winning the prize.
- The Organizers of the Comic Contest are not responsible for comic submissions which are lost during postage and transportation (if any).