UNICEF Uganda EVD Humanitarian Situation Report
Ebola Virus Disease Humanitarian Situation Report No.4
- The 6 th day of December marked two months and 21 days of responding to the Ebola outbreak since confirmation of the first case on 19 September 2022.
- Uganda confirmed a new case of the Sudan Virus Disease (SVD) on 27 November in Kassanda District. • A total of 500 children and caregivers were reached with mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) during this reporting period.
- A total of 98 children infected or suspected to have SVD were screened for severe acute malnutrition within Ebola Treatment Units (ETUs)/ Isolation Units.
- UNICEF supported government efforts to safely transport 4,396 (51 per cent girls) learners to and from Mubende and Kassanda Districts, which are currently under movement restriction to curb SVD spread, as schools officially closed for third term holidays on 25 November.
- During this reporting period, 518,828 people were reached through door-todoor visits and community dialogue meetings in the nine SVD-affected and at-high-risk districts.