UNICEF Uganda EVD Humanitarian Situation Report
Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) Humanitarian Situation Report No.3
• 21 November marked 66 days of responding to the Ebola outbreak since confirmation of the first case on 19 September. New cases continue to be reported, and spreading into a new district (Jinja).
• 48 children, adolescents and care givers accessed community based Mental Health and Psychosocial support (MHPSS) in the affected districts.
• During this reporting period, 127,665 people were engaged in community dialogues to raise awareness for Sudan Virus Disease (SVD) prevention and control.
• 1,518 teachers and non teaching staff oriented on SVD prevention, early treatment seeking and notification.
• UNICEF supported Government efforts to safely evacuate 549 (249 girls, 300 boys) school children from Mubende and Kassanda across the country after their exams.
• The UNICEF SVD response plan is costed at US$18.2 million and has a funding gap of 56 per cent.