Vacancy Announcement No. VN/ 2014/02 - Driver - GS 2
Post Title: Driver
Grade: GS 2
Duty Station: Kampala/Gulu/Moroto
Type of Contract and duration: Fixed Term (One year with possible extension)
Purpose of the post: To drive office vehicles and facilitate efficient and effective transportation service to staff office in-town errands and field programme movements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Drives office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents, supplies and other items.
2. Meets official personnel at the airport and facilitates airport formalities as required.
3. Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, checks oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc., performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs. Ensures that the vehicle is kept clean.
4. Logs official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
5. Ensures that the radio room is informed of all movements outside the town limits and remains in contact within town when away from the office.
6. Observes all UN security regulations laid down by the Area Security Coordinator (ASC) and regular monitors and reports security information to the RPO and/or ASC.
7. Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken, in case of involvement in an accident.
8. Performs other duties, as required, by the RPO or other project officer to whom he/she is assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES
· Primary education (High school completion preferred); valid driver’s license; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle maintenance and repair.
· Three year’s work experience as a driver; safe driving record; experience in driving various makes of cars; technical knowledge of vehicle repair and maintenance.
· Good spoken English and good knowledge of the local language at the duty station.
· Trustworthy; high sense of responsibility; alertness; physical fitness on duty; emotional stability, neat and courteous; good knowledge of the traffic laws and regulations and the current condition of roads and highways. Familiarity with the frequently traveled routes and routines of the more senior staff or the programme; discrete and initiative.
Eligibility Criteria6. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
1. ONLY Ugandan Nationals will be considered
2. UNICEF is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff; qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
3. Applications will be considered only if accompanied by an updated CV and P11 form, as well as the most recent performance evaluation report.
4. E-mail applications; please use this order to name your file attachments: Firstname_Lastname followed by document e.g. Gold_MukasaP11 or Gold_MukasaCV or Gold_MukasaApplication.
5. UNICEF is a smoke free environment.
Closing date for applications: 31 January 2014. Applicants interested in the above position should send their resume to:
Human Resource Specialist, UNICEF Kampala, Uganda, Plot 9, George Street, PO Box 7047, Kampala Uganda
Via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org