Because their destinies can be changed by you
And there's still a lot more to do
The first 1,000 days of a child are when the foundation for development and lifelong learning is set, yet...
- 3 of 10 fathers in Thailand engage in 4 or more activities to promote learning with their child
- Over half of Thai children below 5 years old own less than 3 books
- And 8 of 10 poor Thai children of the same age own less than 3 books
Corporal punishment is still prevalent and accepted in many Thai households
- 9 of 10 parents believe that physical punishment is necessary to raise good children
- 8 of 10 parents have no problem with their child's teacher or caretaker hitting their child
Every child should have a fair chance
- 1 in 5 parents are not in favour of their child playing with migrant children
- Half of migrant kids in Thailand do not go to school
- 3 in 4 migrant children do not have access to healthcare
Young people must make the right decisions
- Every 5 minute, a teenage girl gives birth in Thailand
- 70% of all HIV infections in Thailand are occurring among young people aged 15-24 years
You can start something simple.
Be a part of the UNICEF mission by:
Participating in our events
It is time to live for the greater good. UNICEF invites you to check out our agenda, join us in activities, meet other people like you, and together improve the lives of Thai children
Talking for children's rights
Help children by spreading the word. Share our values and our stories with your friends and families on social media to increase awareness of children's issues. The more people in society pay attention to these issues, the more likely policymakers and others will take action.
Becoming a donor
You probably have seen us on the street asking for a donation. Sadly, for some people, it can be quite an awkward situation to encounter. The thing is, It is not just about making a donation, it is about making a difference. That is why we are still out there with the belief that there are still a lot of people who want to back us up. The good news for those generous donors is there is a benefit to giving to an organization like us which is tax deductible.
There's more to it. Helping others is good for your heart and your health!
A great way to meet new people
Exposing you to people with common interests, getting to do fun and fulfilling activities
Good for your mind and body
Making you mentally and physically healthy. Boosting your self-confidence
Advance your career and find what you love to do
Getting to learn new skills can help you find what you love to do. And it may look good on your resume