About Generation Unlimited
Let’s drive positive changes in Thailand! UNICEF and UNDP want to hear new ideas from young people. Because we believe that nobody understands young people better than young people themselves!
Your imagination is limitless! Because you are Generation Unlimited!
So how can you drive positive changes in Thailand and stand to win 30,000 Baht to kick-start your social projects?
It's easy! Just tell us know the social problem you are most interested in solving. You don’t need to have the answers nor solutions right away because we will co-create the solutions TOGETHER! And you will become one of our experts!
What we want you to do
Tell us your story! Easy as that!
Share with us your insights into the problem that hinders young people in your community (yourself and your friends) and their future. Just fill in the online application form here.
What kind of story? Here are the 3 main topics to choose from:
- Continuing both formal and informal education, such as:
- How do we reduce the number of students who dropout of school?
- How can we make school curriculum more engaging and relevant for students ages 12 – 14?
- Development of skills, knowledge, and empowerment needed for future employment
- How do we ensure students who dropped out of school whether because of pregnancy, poverty or other reasons can obtain sufficient skills and knowledge for employment?
- How do we expand opportunity for learning and skills development to children and youth in remote locations, such as youth in refugee camps?
- How do we support equal employment opportunity for youth with disabilities?
- Space and empowerment of children and youth, especially young girls and women
- How to ensure parents, teachers and adults listen to children’s and youth’s voices more?
- How to reduce bullying in schools and/or cyber-bullying?
- What kind of male behaviours and mentality should change to create safer public spaces for women and girls?
What we offer
- Invitation to exclusive Social Innovation Bootcamp
- Three days of the workshop run by experienced Design Thinking facilitators who will empower you and give you the tools to turn your questions into answers.
- We cover all the costs of transportation, accommodation, and food.
- Dedicated mentors
- Experienced new-gen advisors who will guide you all the way in developing your exciting ideas. You are not alone!
- Seed grant (30,000 THB)
- So you have the resources to test your ideas and create positive changes
- Technical coaching
- Does your idea involve technology? No problem! We have experts who can give you hi-tech advice and make your idea shine, for example, support in design, 3D prototype printing, application development etc.
- Training on developing a business plan
- We will teach you how to make a smart business plan, business model canvas and much more.
- 3 months of mentoring
- The Bootcamp is just the beginning! If your team is ready to move forward, we will be there for you! With your personal mentor, you will support you to be able to change your community for real!
- Represent Thailand
- Opportunity to represent Thailand on a global stage among young social innovators.
- Secure additional 650,000 THB seed grant to make your ideas come true. Let other countries learn from you!
“Fantastic Four” is a group of four male youths who were in Ubekkha Juvenile Training Centre in Thailand’s Nakhon Prathom Province. The team has won the Generation Unlimited Global Challenge in 2019 with their creative idea to develop the website – “Change to Chance” – to promote employment opportunity for young offenders. The website will serve as an online meeting point between employers and young offenders who are looking for a job. Fantastic Four was one of the five global winners from 32 finalist teams from 16 countries. Read more about their story.
Qualifications of the participants
You are qualified to apply if:
- You are 14 – 24 years old (before September 23, 2019)
- You are a team of 3 – 5 young people
- At least 3 members of your team must be from, or are currently studying in, the three southern border provinces and Songkhla province
- Your team can participate in the following activities:
- One day orientation (during the 2nd week of March)
- 3-Day Workshop on 27 – 29 March 2020 in Pattani province
- If your project is selected as one of the 5 national teams, you will be able to participate in further mentoring until June 2020 (5 sessions).
- If your project is selected on the global stage, you will need to be able to carry out your activities as required by UNICEF.
We focus on the diversity of your team: sexual orientations, ethnicities, religions, disabilities, etc.
Need more information?
You can send your application from today until February 29, 2020 via: