Becoming UNICEF Young People's Advisory Board
Whatever your gender, age, ethnicity, migration status, or socio-economic background, we want to hear from you!
How can I become a member?
The YPAB will intentionally bring together a range of opinions and experiences from a diverse and representative group of young people in Thailand. Whatever your gender, age, ethnicity, migration status, or socio-economic background, we want to hear from you! Candidates with additional needs, disabilities, in a situation of vulnerability or from minority groups are encouraged to apply, including those with less experience.
All candidates must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- 10-23 years old
- Minimum one-year commitment;
- The commitment of a minimum of 8 hours per month to the work of the YPAB;
- Broad understanding of the rights of children and young people;
- Proven interest and engagement in at least one of the following areas: mental health, healthy lifestyle and nutrition, sexual reproductive health, education, violence against children, youth participation and inclusion, employability and skills, and environment/climate change;
- Good communication skills or interest/experience in social media and communications;
- A willingness to influence UNICEF’s work in Thailand and to disseminate results of joint initiatives with UNICEF;
- Good knowledge and understanding of the local/national/regional/global issues that are relevant to young people in the 21st century;
- Ability and confidence to engage and share perspectives with other young people (particularly the most vulnerable and marginalized) and UNICEF staff, and suggest ways for ideas to be translated into actionable proposals;
- Knowledge of English is an asset, but not mandatory.
Candidates will be selected based on:
- Demonstrated passion for and/or good understanding of the topic of interest aligned to UNICEF focus areas
- Critical thinking/Constructive Engagement
- Communication skills
- Leadership qualities
- Experience in leading projects for the benefit of young people, working with youth organizations/networks, promoting young people participation process and young people policies
What is the timeline?
Applications must be submitted online by 5th September 2021: Online Application Form.
We will announce the selection of candidates on 28th September 2021 via email.
First virtual meeting of the YPAB: October 2021.
Need more information?
If you have any questions, please contact:
Monthalee Songphatanayothin, Communication Officer (Youth Engagement)