Influencers play a big role in promoting the work of UNICEF in Tanzania. They have varied backgrounds and experiences, but all have one thing in common: a proven commitment to improve the lives of children.
They attract public attention, and channel that attention to the rights and needs of children from education, to health, HIV and AIDS, protection, gender equality, nutrition and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH). These champions for children support our efforts to fund-raise and advocate for girls and boys, but also by increasing public awareness on the rights of children.
Some of our top influencers include:
- Nancy Sumari: Former Miss Tanzania & Development advocate
- Rio Paul: Fashion Designer & Youth Ambassador to UN Tanzania
- Pascal Masalu: Co-Founder of #ElimikaWikiendi
- Carol Ndosi: Thought leader & SRHR activist
- Rebbeca Gyumi: Winner of UN Human Rights Prize 2018, Founder & Executive Producer Msichana Initiative
- Aika Marealle: Musician, Advocate for Social Change
- Dr. Joachim Mabula: Founder & CEO Tiba Fasta & Settled minds, Global Youth Ambassador, Senior Medical Advisor