Nutrition supplier meetings
Information about the Nutrition Supply Forum, held in Copenhagen on 5th-6th November 2019.
Focusing on the key products used by UNICEF and its partners in their nutrition programmes, the Nutrition Supply Forum was held held in Copenhagen on 5th-6th November 2019 and brought together manufacturers, UNICEF Supply and Programme staff, partner organizations, donors and academia.
The purpose of the meeting was to exchange ideas and updates on supplies for nutrition programmes, with the objective of strengthening the contribution of the supply function to the achievement of relevant Sustainable Development Goals, World Health Assembly (WHA) targets and UNICEF strategic objectives.
The meeting specific objectives were:
- To learn about the 2019 State of the World Children Report, the UNICEF 2020-2030 Nutrition Strategy and the progress made towards meeting the nutrition supply-related targets.
- To share updates on best practices, collaborative procurement, strategic market approaches, innovation and product developments, regulatory framework
- To encourage interactions and networking among participants to foster cooperation beyond the forum.
Find below the slides of the presentations held during the event.
Day 1 - Tuesday 5 November 2019
- UNICEF Supply Division overview
- SDGs and UNICEF nutrition strategy
- Update on WHO guidelines on nutrition
- UNICEF approach to market influencing
- UNICEF nutrition procurement overview and update for key nutrition commodities
- WFP SNF procurement update
- USAID nutrition procurement overview
- Supplying to UNICEF contracting process and contract management
- Peanuts in Sudan
- Anthropometric equipment procurement update
- QA throughout the supply chain
- UNICEF analytical testing - 2019
- Trending of test results for improved performance
- Specifications and QA for anthropometric equipment
- RUTF GMP inspections - new trends and major observations - 2019
- Regulatory updates on nutrition commodities
Day 2 - Wednesday 6 November 2019
- IA stability study requirements
- Statistical process control - Nutriset
- Process capability - Mana
- Update inter-agency working group SNF
- UNICEF response to emergencies
- Supply rainbow for nutrition
- Innovation and nutrition
- Alternative recipes for RUTF
- Innovation height measuring devices