Advertisement for Immunization Officer (NO-B), Juba
UNITED NATIONS CHILDREN'S FUND
South Sudan Country Office
VACANCY NOTICE NO. SSCO/VA 2013/04/14
WHEN APPLYING PLEASE QUOTE THE POST TITLE AND VACANCY NOTICE No. as follows:
| VA No.
| SSCO/VA 2013/04/14
|| Immunization Officer
|| Fixed-Term (FT)
|| 10 May 2013
If you are South Sudanese National who is passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
Purpose of the post
Accountable for professional technical contribution to project design, planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and administration of Immunization (EPI) programme/project activities, including data analysis, programme support, delivery, progress reporting, and commitment for expansion of immunization coverage, as well as enhancement of teamwork and capacity building, in support of achievement of planned objectives of the work plan, aligned with country programme goals, objectives and strategy.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurate, complete and up-to-date programme/project management information is available for effective budget preparation, programme/project design, implementation, management and evaluation, Ensures the availability of accurate, complete and up-to-date information required for effective Immunization programme and project design, implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation. Drafts sound Immunization programme budgets for review by the supervisor,
- Project efficiency, effectiveness and vaccination coverage are enhanced through effective implementation follow-on. Enhances project efficiency and effectiveness through implementation follow-on, including monitoring UNICEF inputs, local conditions and resources, flow of supply and non-supply assistance and Immunization project status. Undertakes field visits to counties and payams for monitoring and supervision of project activities and to improve immunization coverage. Supervises the implementation of the routine EPI activities and the work of the state EPI supervisors, cold chain assistants etc. as required. Prepares reports on the results of the field visits and progress of vaccination coverage.
- Progress reports and project work plans are timely prepared, and effective technical support is provided in the drafting of donor, annual and other reports/project documentation related to EPI. Analyses collected data and information and prepare progress reports; drafts changes in Immunization project work plans and in identification of required supplies and equipment. Drafts sections of donor, annual and other project documentation related to EPI, ensuring accuracy and consistency with established rules, regulations and plans of action.
- Appropriateness and completeness of financial and supply documentation as well as adherence to established allotments are ensured, Monitors flow of supply and non-supply assistance to local authorities. Records supply and non-supply inventory and quarterly update on cold chain equipment, distribution and utilization. Ensures the appropriateness of financial, administrative and supply documentation; verifies that Immunization project expenditures are within allotments.
- The capacities of Country Office staff and team work are strengthened through effective capacity building activities in the development, implementation and management of the Immunization Programme. Supports a staff training/development programme to upgrade the capacity of the Country Office staff in the programme development, implementation and management of the Immunization Programme. Conducts relevant orientation, workshop, team work facilitation and staff learning/development activities: ensures that vaccination teams (acceleration) are properly trained on the various aspect of EPI; uses the appropriate training guidelines; participates in the Mid-level management training of vaccinators, cold chain managers, mid-level managers;
- Knowledge sharing with donors and media is promoted. Compiles Immunization project implementation training and orientation materials, and shares useful and appropriate information to promote knowledge sharing with donors and media.
- Effective communication, networking and collaboration are achieved with internal and external partners, Ensures the effective communication, networking and working relationships are developed and maintained.
Minimum qualifications & experience required.
- University degree in Medicine, Social Sciences, Health, Public Health, Family Health, Child Development, Nursing, or a field relevant to international development assistance in Immunization and Child Survival & Health Care.
- Two years of relevant professional work experience. Experience working in the UN or other international development organization. Field work experience. Experience in knowledge management. Training and experience in social welfare, or Immunization/health care.
Remuneration: An attractive package will be applicable at the UN salary scale including social security benefits.
Submission of Applications:
Applications from qualified South Sudanese nationals, accompanied by updated CV in English and a completed United Nations Personal History Form [Word] should be sent to the address below by on or before Friday 10th May 2013. UN/UNICEF staff members are requested to enclose their 2 most recent Performance Evaluation Reports with their applications.
Send application to:
Human Resources Officer
UNICEF South Sudan Country Office, Juba.
OR PREFERABLY: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
UNICEF is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staffs. Qualified female candidates and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF is a smoke-free environment, Zero tolerance of sexual abuse and exploitation is our policy