Let’s do Black Friday 2020 differently
This year, Black Friday presents a fun opportunity to do things differently at UNICEF South Africa. Join us by adding a little more and investing in future generations...10% at a time.
Black Friday is a global phenomenon, and across the world, the ‘Black Friday bug’ has many anticipating how to buy more, save more and add more to our carts. From fashion, shoes and books to tech gadgets, sports equipment and more, the excitement is contagious - especially in the wake of a very different and challenging year. That is why UNICEF South Africa is looking to do Black Friday 2020 a little differently.
In a developing country like South Africa, a humanitarian organisation is constantly challenged to be creative and innovative in finding ways to improve the lives of those who are vulnerable. With UNICEF South Africa, the focus is always on children, protecting their rights and reimagining their futures. This is no mean feat in a country whose past is complicated, and where systemic problems, inequality and injustice take years to address and overcome.
That is why Black Friday presents such a fun and unique opportunity.
At UNICEF South Africa, we are all about ‘adding more’ as we invest in our future generations. Because it is not just about the fun of getting, but also about the joy of giving - just a little extra. It may sound like a cliche, but it really is about ‘paying it forward.’
This Black Friday can be about adding smiles, adding opportunities, adding dreams to and investing in the futures of vulnerable children in South Africa.
Black Friday with difference
This is how we anticipate it working: we are asking you to donate just 10% of what you spend on yourself, your family and your friends on Black Friday to help children in need realise their dreams.
That’s it - the 10% difference.
And we are hoping that as we all save more on Black Friday, we can also add more and invest in the futures of the most vulnerable children, helping them realise their dreams. This can be our legacy.
- As you add to your art collection, your 10% will be investing in future creatives.
- As you add to your sports collection, your 10% will be investing in future athletes.
- As you add to your music collection, your 10% will be investing in future entertainers.
- As you add to your gaming collection, your 10% will be investing in future strategists.
- As you add to your technology collection, your 10% will be investing in future actors and actresses.
- As you add to your literary collection, your 10% will be investing in future teachers and authors.
- As you add to your gadget collection, your 10% will be investing in future inventors.
- As you add to your kids’ toy collection, your 10% will be investing in future engineers.
- As you add to your furniture collection, your 10% will be investing in future artisans.
Imagine what the future could look like.
UNICEF South Africa
At UNICEF South Africa, our mission is simple - to empower future generations. That begins with happy and healthy children. This journey relies on every child having access to quality health care, good nutrition, education, and growing up in a safe environment, free from violence.
And so, this Black Friday, we are all about adding a little more and investing in our future generations.
As you get ready for Black Friday this year, will you join us in doing it a little differently?