UNICEF CEO Network
A forum for industry leaders within the South African private sector to constructively engage with UNICEF around the SDGs as they relate to children.
The UNICEF CEO Network, comprising a wide array of business leaders from various sectors in South Africa, convenes quarterly to constructively engage on the Sustainable Development Goals as they relate to children and the operations of the private sector in South Africa and the continent.
Focused on Goal 17, namely Partnerships for the Goals, we envision strong partnerships which translate into sustainable and impactful solutions for children.
- Members participate in a unique knowledge-sharing platform to profile their initiatives and access best practices on integrating the Sustainable Development Goals and National Development Plan 2030 into their business operations.
- The opportunity to network with like-minded peers on topics such as sustainability, social development and corporate social investment and responsibility (CSI & CSR).
- Exclusive invitations to UNICEF-supported events locally and internationally.
- Opportunities to engage, partner and collaborate on joint initiatives to reduce duplication and increase impact for beneficiaries.
- UNICEF expertise to integrate a child rights approach which supports impactful and sustainable spend of social investment funds.
- Greater proximity to partners in government, community and civil society.
- UNICEF expertise in integrating child friendly workplace policies.
- Create a social compact and shared value partnerships to advance the Sustainable Development Goals and children’s rights in South Africa.
- Actively raise the profile of children’s rights within the private sector and develop an understanding of how integrating child rights impacts positively on business.
For more information and to be admitted as a member of the UNICEF CEO Network please contact:
Carine Munting, Partnerships Manager at email@example.com
Toby Fricker, Chief Communication and Partnerships at firstname.lastname@example.org
The UNICEF CEO Network sessions take place in Johannesburg and Cape Town to accommodate business leaders based in these locations. There are 3 to 4 meetings a year (in both Johannesburg and Cape Town) hosted by members on a rotational basis.