Using cloth face coverings can help slow the spread of COVID-19
Making your own face-covering and rules when wearing it.
Create your own face covering
Homemade cloth face coverings can help to prevent the spread of COVID-19 to others in situations where it’s difficult to maintain physical distance. Wearing one is an additional step, together with other critical prevention measures, such as hand washing and keeping a physical distance from others, in mitigating the spread of the virus.
When wearing it, follow these simple rules
- Make sure you can breath through it
- Fit it snugly but comfortably against the side of your face
- Wear it in crowded places
- Wash it daily after using it
- Use it on children under the age of two
- Use surgical masks or other personal protective equipment meant for healthcare workers