Rising to the Challenge
Youth Perspectives on Climate Change and Education in Afghanistan
The report showcases experiences and perceptions of young people in Afghanistan related to climate change impacts on their education, on climate change learning and their needs to become effective and confident agents of change.
Key findings are described below:
- 32% of respondents in Afghanistan reported that they could explain climate change.
- 10% of respondents in Afghanistan reported that they “never” learned about climate change in school.
- 64% of respondents in Afghanistan reported that they were at least a little worried about the future effects of climate change.
- 38% of respondents in Afghanistan said that they wanted to learn about “all” aspects of climate change.
- 89% of respondents said that they would like to do something to address climate change with the necessary support.
- 82% of respondents stated that their education or studies was affected by climate change, such as impacting journey to school (20%).