Rising to the Challenge
Youth Perspectives on Climate Change and Education in Bhutan
The report showcases experiences and perceptions of young people in Bhutan related to climate change impacts on their education, on climate change learning and their needs to become effective and confident agents of change.
Key findings are described below:
- 49% of respondents in Bhutan reported that they could explain climate change.
- 81% of respondents in Bhutan reported that they were at least a little worried about the future effects of climate change.
- 54% of respondents in Bhutan believed that governments should take the most action, followed by children and young people (19%) and businesses (10%).
- 62% of respondents stated that their education or studies were affected by climate change, with the most reported impact on their journey to school (28%).
- 92% stated that they were willing to be a part of a solution in addressing climate change if they were given the necessary support.