Progress for children in 2017
- Responded to 337 emergencies in 102 countries.
- Reached nearly 33 million people with safe water in humanitarian settings.
- Supported basic education for 8.8 million children in emergencies.
- Delivered health services to 15.2 million children and women in humanitarian emergencies.
- Ensured that more than 25 million live births were delivered in health facilities, accompanied by skilled birth attendants.
- Supported the vaccination of 141 million children against polio in Africa, where not a single case of wild poliovirus was reported.
- Supported the registration of almost 16 million births across 58 countries.
- Reached approximately 3.6 million girls, boys and women in 59 countries with risk mitigation or direct support services addressing gender based violence.
- Helped identify and register 141,000 unaccompanied and separated children in 40 countries.