Humanitarian situation report: Super Typhoon Rai/Odette

as of 9 May 2022

A volunteer facilitates a play activity at a Child Friendly Space
UNICEF Philippines/2022/Ysa Cascante

Highlights

  • Through the continuing UNICEF response to communities affected by Super Typhoon Rai (Odette):
    • 120,484 children and women have accessed primary healthcare in UNICEF-supported facilities
    • 86,180 individuals have been reached by emergency water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) supplies
    • 77,138 children have been screened for wasting
    • 7,579 people were given access to safely report sexual exploitation and abuse
    • Access of 37,657 children to education has been supported
    • Humanitarian cash transfers have benefitted 1,783 households
    • Messaging on prevention and access to services has reached more than 5.5 million people
  • UNICEF reiterates its call for all partners to continue supporting emergency response, as the needs in the affected areas remain significant, especially as some areas in Region VIII have again been impacted by Tropical Storm Megi (Agaton).
  • UNICEF has received US$12.4 million (31 per cent) for the response, leaving a funding gap of US$27.4 million (69 per cent). These resources are for both Typhoon Rai and the continuing COVID-19 response.
Cover page of Typhoon Rai Situation Report as of 9 May 2022
Author(s)
UNICEF Philippines
Publication date
Languages
English

Download

(PDF, 443,72 KB) (PDF, 2,02 MB)